Last week we released part one of our four-part series of checklists covering some of the more important things that you should check before heading off with your family on your next big caravanning adventure in Australia.
In last weeks article, the main focus was to check certain things with regard to your actual towing vehicle.
This not only included things like checking tyre pressure and making sure that your vehicle is serviced but also making sure you have car chargers to keep your kids’ mobile devices fully charged and filling them with snacks to keep them occupied for the long haul.
This week we will take a look at part two of our four-part series which will focus on some of the most important things you need to check out with the interior of the caravan before you hit the road.
As you will be spending many days, if not weeks inside your caravan, it’s important to make sure that you have all the necessary appliances, supplies and creature comforts you need to ensure your adventure is as safe, relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
So with all of this in mind, please see below for our comprehensive pre-departure checklist for the interior of your caravan before you hit the road:
- Smoke detector – you cannot compromise the safety of your family so make sure you have a smoke detector or fire alarm.
- Fire extinguisher – more important safety equipment, make sure the fire extinguisher is full and in working order.
- Battery chargers/cables – tablets, phones, power banks etc, we all have multiple devices and there is nothing worse than not being able to charge something when needed!
- Extension cords and power boards – nothing worse than having all your device chargers, but nowhere to plug them into!
- Torches and flashlights – when outside at night time trying to do something, you simply must have a torch.
- Kitchen utensils – knives, forks, spoons, carving knives, chopping boards, BBQ tongs, egg flip, potato peeler, cheese grater and whatever else you may need.
- Cooking equipment – frying pans, pots, grill, toaster, kettle, portable BBQ etc.
- Eating and drinking – plastic cups, plastic plates, plastic bowls etc.
- Cleaning products – dishwashing detergent, sponges, BBQ wipes, plugs, tea towels, garbage bags, dust buster, vacuum, brush/pan, broom, mop etc. to keep the place clean and tidy.
- Personal cleaning products – hand soap, hand sanitiser, baby wipes, tissues, toilet paper, towels, toiletries etc.
- Laundry products – washing powder, bag/bins for dirty clothes, washing basket, pegs, clothesline etc
- Sleeping – bed linen, pillows, sleeping bags, doonas, cushions etc.
- Relaxation – folding/portable chairs, folding table for putting food and drinks on when eating outside, umbrella for sun protection, esky and don’t forget the insect repellent!
- Entertainment – board games, cards, books, paper, pens, colouring books, cricket bat and ball, footballs, tennis balls, camera etc.
- Recreation – fishing gear, hiking gear, wet weather gear, sun protection, hats etc
- Food – make sure any fresh food is stored appropriately in the fridge or esky, and dry pantry type foods are also stored securely.
- Spare batteries – do not forget the spare batteries for your torch, camera, smoke detector and other portable devices!
- Secure loose items – ensure that any loose and freestanding items are secured to prevent damage inside the caravan during transit.
As we can see, there are so many things that need to be remembered before heading off on your big journey.
You don’t want to forget anything and leave something behind that could develop into a major inconvenience and turn your holiday into something less memorable.
Therefore, we hope this checklist will help you to have a safe and enjoyable adventure no matter where you to choose to go with your family and your caravan.
When it comes to the actual caravan, if you are looking for a reliable, high-quality caravan chassis, then look no further than ARV Chassis & Trailers.
Please call us today on (03) 9111 5367 or message us through our contact page if you want the best caravan chassis in the market.