Australian’s love the great outdoors – it’s in our DNA. There is nothing more Australian’s love than hitching up the caravan and taking off with the family and disconnecting with civilization for a weekend, preferably longer.
However, before heading off for your next caravan adventure, it’s important to follow a number of checks not only on your caravan but also the actual vehicle that will tow the caravan!
Most people tend to focus too much on the caravan itself and forget about the actual towing vehicle. However, it’s super critical not to overlook the importance of making sure the towing vehicle is in tip-top condition.
Furthermore, you want to make sure that you don’t forget some of the more important creature comforts to keep the family occupied during the long haul.
Therefore, we have created a comprehensive four-part checklist in order for you to not only have an enjoyable trip but to ensure that you also have a safe one.
Over the next 4 weeks, we will release one checklist per week that will cover the various aspects of your towing vehicle and your caravan that you need to check before you take off on your next big adventure.
So to kick things off, in Part One of our four-part series, we will take a look at the most important things you need to check with your towing vehicle.
Checklist For Towing Vehicle
Before even thinking about the caravan, we need to make sure that your car, or whatever vehicle you will tow the caravan with, is also decked out for safety and comfort.
Following are some of the most important pre-departure items you should check before you take off on your big journey:
- Vehicle Service – make sure that you have your vehicle fully serviced before embarking on a long road trip.
- Tyre pressure – best to do this as soon as you can into the journey and don’t forget to check the spare tyre also.
- GPS – whatever system you choose to use, you don’t want to miss any landmarks along the way or get lost in the middle of nowhere!
- Device car charger – the last thing you want on a long drive is for the battery on your kids’ phone or tablet to go flat!
- First aid kit – accidents can happen but it’s best to always keep the first aid kit in the car rather than the caravan so you always have it on hand.
- Snacks – especially with kids, you simply cannot afford to not bring snacks on a long haul.
- Baby wipes – who can live without these on a road trip, even if you don’t have a baby with you!
- Plastic shopping bags – these are perfect for discarded food wrappers and other scraps in the car.
- Rag/Old Towel – important if you need to change a tyre or check under the bonnet so you can wipe any grease or dirt from your hands.
- Tools – keep a few basic tools handy if your toolbox isn’t easily accessible from the caravan.
- Rubber backed rug – these are very handy if you need to kneel or lay down while performing repairs under or around your car or caravan.
So there we have it. These are some of the most important things you need to check with your towing before you head off on your next big Aussie adventure.
Hopefully, this checklist will help you to have a safe and enjoyable adventure no matter where you to choose to go with your family and your caravan.
When it comes to the actual caravan, if you are looking for a reliable, high-quality caravan chassis, then look no further than ARV Chassis & Trailers.
Please call us today on (03) 9111 5367 or message us through our contact page if you want the best caravan chassis in the market.